Friday, December 11, 2015

All About Vickie

Vic/Tim was wrote originally as a short story back in 2005. I have wrote many short stories and some I felt needed to be made into full novels. Vic/Tim was certainly one of them. However at the time I had never made a full novel and was not sure how to tell the story about Vickie. Vickie is a tough, smart and powerful woman that is not intimidated by anyone. She keeps getting thrown into situations that require action that most people would not try. She does and can deal with it at any level. She has learned this behavior through years of hard times. 

When I started to write Vic/Tim it became apparent after a couple of years of working on it that it was still too big to be one book. So I wrote a prequel explaining Vickie's early life called simply Vickie. Then it came to me that the entire series should be five books. I already have the story for all of them and Vickie is at the publisher being edited. The next one to follow Vickie is being written right now. 

I felt that I had something special with this character when people reading it either hated the book or loved it. There seemed to be no in betweens. When I realized the emotion that Vickie invoked in the readers, I knew this book would go places. Even my publisher and three editors that read it in early drafts told me this book should do well. 

I have cross pollinated this book series with a character from another book I am writing. Often like to do this and put "Easter eggs" in the story for the reader to discover. Even in the book Vic/Tim has hidden the five names of all the other Vickie series books. 

My hope you enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment