Friday, December 11, 2015

Upcoming book "Vickie"

Vic/Tim officially released December 1st, 2015 and was the first novel I have written.  While writing it I realized the story of the character Vickie was too big to be contained in one book.  So it came to me that that I had four other stories to tell, making five books in all.  Three prequels to Vic/Tim and one sequel.  Vic/Tim at that point became book four in the series.  The new book which is now in editing final phase with the publisher is called Vickie.  It begins her tale from age eight to her first jobs out of college.  In this book we see how she got her start and what made Vickie who she is in Vic/Tim.

Confidential readers of Vickie have told me that they loved Vic/Tim but Vickie was even more compelling.  This I hope is true for everyone else.  As I have learned that Vickie as a character gets mixed feelings between the genders.  I have had feedback from both sides and men tend to like the book but hate the character.  The expressions from them is she is complicated and too rough.  However women have told me they love the character.  So it is an interesting test of psychology with this character.  When I created Vickie I purposely wanted a female character that was strong both mentally and physically and could not be easily defeated.  A person of such strength that it overcomes about anyone she encounters.  A person tempered by hardship to the point of unbreakable resolve.  Also a story that you would either hate or love but you would be emotional.  So far I managed to achieve these tasks with Vic/Tim.  Vickie I hope carries this nature but at least gives some help in understanding what made Vickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment