Monday, March 19, 2018

Where will the Vickie series go?



The showdown is coming between Vickie and Violet in the upcoming book Violet.  Violet is a powerful woman that comes from very old money and geo-political influence.  Her intelligence is only surpassed by her ruthlessness.  Vickie will interfere with her plans and will have to deal with Violet in all her power.  What will Vickie do?  If anyone can do it, Vickie can.

Currently the Vickie series of books are being read by some actresses to see if they are interested in playing Vickie.  Barney Cohen long time producer of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Friday the 13th: Final Chapter, Gernika, Forever Knight and many others, is working on the screenplay for this book to be adapted for TV.  Actress Leni Rico has narrated the book Vickie into audiobook and now working on Vic/Tim.  Other people are involved to in helping bring about this project to TV.  I have even been queried by movie industry people about these books. 


It is most authors dream that their books make to the screen big or small.  While the odds are heavy against it happening and so much competition, we all struggle to make it happen.  So what does my Vickie books offer that could attract a network to make a series out of them?  I maybe be biased of course but I feel the story is timely, the characters are powerful, and these books generate strong emotions in people.  If I am wrong why are actresses and producers spending time on it?  I don't mean to sound arrogant as I am truly humbled it has got this far and astonished really.  I just hope the right person sees what I and others see in them and willing to make that jump to take it all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment